(Updated March 2018)
Sterling Industrial of 579 Gale Street, Dagenham, Essex, RM9 4TS; ("ASL Lockers") a company incorporated in England. The purpose of this statement is to set out the personal information that we may obtain about you and how we may use it. By either registering as a user of any services provided by Sterling Industrial on this website and by using the Sterling Industrial web site generally you agree to this use. In holding your personal data we are concerned to ensure that your privacy is protected and use of personal data is rigorously controlled.
1. Information we may collect from you
Information we may collect from you may include:
- information that you provide when filling in forms on our site, subscribing to our service, posting material, requesting further services, entering a competition or promotion or reporting a problem about our site ;
- correspondence we may receive from you when you contact us;
- information you provide when completing a customer survey at our request which you do not have to respond to;
- details of transactions you carry out and information on fulfilment of orders;
- details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access whether for billing purposes or otherwise.
- We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you.
2. Use of your Personal Information
We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
- to register you with our web site and to administer our web site services;
- to provide you with information on our products and services;
- to carry out obligations arising from contracts between you and us;
- for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme;
- to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products or services which we think will interest you from the information we have;
- to give you information on special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on (including products and services of other companies and organisations) which we consider may be of interest to you by any of the following methods: email; telephone (including automated calls); SMS text messaging and other electronic messages such as picture messaging ; post; and fax.
- If you do not wish to receive information of such products and services, please send an email confirming this when registering on or using this Site. We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties
4. Fraud Prevention
In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other Group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction, to use in the same way.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- to employees and agents of the Group to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by the Company now or in the future;
- agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs;
- to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you;
- if we have a duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply terms and conditions or to protect the rights, property or safety, Astorack Storage our customers or others or if the law allows us to do so. In carrying out the activities specified in this section, we may transfer data to reputable companies outside the European Economic Area. We take steps to ensure that your information will be afforded the same level of protection as that required of us under applicable UK data protection legislation.
6. IP Addresses and Cookies
- We may obtain information about your "cookies" which may be used by us to provide you with, for example, customised information from our web site. A cookie is an element of data that a web site can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand better the pages and advertisements that have been read, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our web site. Depending on the type of cookie we use, cookies also allow us to make our web site more user friendly, for example, permanent cookies allow us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our web site.
- If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able to browse around the site but the functions that allow you to add items to your trolley, set up a new account or access an existing account will not be available. Alternatively you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet browser programme your computer uses. If your computer uses Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator, you will need to follow these instructions after clicking onto this link www.aboutcookies.org (Sterling Industrial is not responsible for the content of external websites). This link will open a new window. Go to the heading "Manage Cookies". Click onto the option you prefer, either stopping cookies being installed, or notifying you of them. From the list provided, click onto the programme which your computer uses. If this is not shown on the list, click on the "help" heading on the bar at the top of this page, search for information on "cookies" - an explanation of how to delete cookies will appear, then follow these instructions.
- Please remember, cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers.
- Your browser also generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our web sites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
- We only keep cookies for the duration of your visit to our website, except where you save your login name as referred to above.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
- You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us (see details below).
- Please be aware that our site may link to other web sites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked web sites.
- If you want to be removed from our mailing list, please send an email to [ email@example.com ] with the word 'remove' in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request. In addition, each electronic mailing we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe.
- To change any of your registered details on asllockers.co.uk, click on 'log in & registration' and enter your login name and password. Once logged in change any of the details shown and click 'update my details'.